Deeya’s Deductions #5
During the vacation, all I did was wake up late and while away precious time without much agenda, and that was all great, but now that we are back to our normal routine, I have come to realize that without consuming a dose of this elixir, namely ‘coffee’, my entire morning is dull. Soon, I started pondering over why so many of us love coffee to the point of addiction and here’s what I’ve understood:
- Wake up shot: The first most obvious reason has to be because coffee keeps you awake and alert when you’re burning the midnight oil for next day’s exam.
- Style status: While walking around, if you are seen holding a cup of Starbucks coffee, you are instantly considered at par to a celebrity.
- Depression? What’s that?: Science has proven that coffee tends to lower depression rates among students and we all know how much that will help us face our books each day!
- Balancing out the New Year’s Resolution: Since most of you will stop going to the gym by 3rd week of January (no judging, we’re in the same boat), coffee is the only way you’ll remain healthy because it is loaded with antioxidants and it boosts up your metabolism. Cheers to life with a cup of cappuccino!
- Warm company: Coffee keeps you company while doing your assignments or while watching your favourite TV shows!
- ...In the morning: And since you sat up till 4 am binge watching Game of Thrones, you’ll need coffee again in the morning to get through class without dozing off.
- Over a cup of coffee?: Coffee is an excellent way to make new friends (not to mention cheap!).
- Life is in variety: There’s a coffee for each type of person, whether hot or cold, latte or mocha, strong or light, …I could go on, but I’ll save it for another time.
- Needless to say, the coffees in our canteens and coffee hut are the best, so if you haven’t had those yet, don’t wait for next Christmas!
- Friend in need: Like Alexander King has rightly declared, he says and I quote, “This seems to be the basic need of the human heart in nearly every great crisis - a good hot cup of coffee”.
- Lastly, I would like to mention that coffee makes me happy, and that is why I personally love coffee! What about you?
The author is an aspiring rebel and is thoroughly confused about her ancestry.